3.16.2008

Blended

Smoothies are one of my favorite go-to snacks. I didn't make them much when I first moved to San Francisco because, hell-o, it's never hot and sticky here, and that's the kind of weather that insists on a smoothie. But it's all about fruits and veggies at the Addington household lately, so smoothies have made a big comeback here.
The best thing about homemade smoothies -- unlike, say, a Jamba Juice concoction -- is that you are in control. No sherbet, ice cream or juices laden with high fructose corn syrup are necessary to create a delightful treat.

I found this little article online that sums it up pretty nicely while providing a few good, really practical tips. I especially agree with the notion of using frozen fruit -- it's much better than adding ice.

2 comments:

Diana K said...

We are of the same brain! I just loaded up with frozen fruit to get back into my smoothie regime. Thanks for the article - looks tasty!

jess said...

Mmmm. This sounds so good. Still, it needs to get warmer here before I can truly enjoy the cool creaminess.