Just today at the doctor's office, feeling very cool in half a hospital gown and a wool cap while waiting for my latest Adventure in Health Care, all I could find to pass the time was a Details from last September. Well...that wasn't my only choice. I also had the option to read the hospital's quarterly publication (boring) or work on a half-completed Thomas Kinkade puzzle (deliver me from hell -- I was an art history major after all). So, Details was clearly the best choice.
And you know what? I actually think Details serves a purpose in society. It tells men what they really need to know. I'm not talking about the latest hot cocktail, or how to pick up chicks, or which starlet is sexiest. I'm talking about really important need-to-knows like how NOT to wear those awful high-waisted, generic blue jeans that haven't been in style since, well, EVER.
Thank you Details magazine for having the chutzpa to do the begging and pleading on behalf of the rest of us, because those Wal-Mart jeans are burning our eyes out. Maybe next you can tackle the problem of pleated khakis?
1 comment:
Sigh. If only I could get Jeremy to upgrade from Maxim to Details - it would be a breakthrough!
Post a Comment