5.29.2008

The Courage to Bake Again

Baking simply isn't our forte. The last time I baked, I failed to add a crucial ingredient to my scones, and I'm pretty sure it was the kneading of the dough that gave me lymphadema. What's more, when I begged Dave to make me banana bread to get me through my last round of chemo, he mistakenly added 1-1/4 cups of canola oil to the mix, instead of the 1/4 cup it called for (that's five times more oil than necessary, my friends). So, it was with a fair amount of trepidation that I picked up a spatula again. What inspired this courageous move? A bag full of fresh-picked Sonoma cherries and the promise of this Macaroon Cherry Tart recipe. Happily, all potential disasters were averted and it was a very tasty tart -- tasty enough, in fact, for Dave to eat two slices in a row and spend the rest of the day bouncing around the house on a sugar rush ... a sure sign of a successful dessert.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The dessert looks very tasty and quite a photo success. love, mom