***
To celebrate our anniversary last week, we went kayaking for the first time. It was a long time coming - five years in fact - because we planned to go kayaking on our first anniversary, but instead I was bitten by a dog and couldn't get my hand wet. And it's just never been in the cards since then. But it was worth the wait because we got a close-up look at my new favorite marine creature - the harbor seal. As we paddled silently among the Sausalito house boats, a curious face appeared in front of us...then disappeared...then popped up again about 10 feet to our left. So irresistibly cute. Here's a look at one of them as we paddled by a favorite harbor seal hangout.
This is where I have to make a disclaimer that I'm totally against the pretentious restaurant scene and how it plays into certain peoples' egos to have "gone there" and "tried that" and encourage them to say things like "I only go to Limon for ceviche because it's the best." Suffice it to say, I'm still a not-very-adventurous eater from the Midwest who continues to find foods that don't involve red meat and potatoes exciting and new. And I actively appreciate the quality and diversity of the food choices here - if we ever leave, I will miss it immensely!
And I'd also miss the harbor seals.
1 comment:
I JUST saw Anthony Bourdain eat ceviche the other day, and the whole time I was thinking, "Even with raw fish, that sounds really good...weird" And now I know someone who's had it! See, it all comes back to me in the end. Which reminds me, how dare you see a harbor seal that close without me?
Post a Comment