I don't consider myself religious. I haven't been to church in years, haven't read the Bible recently and, well, I admit I didn't give up a thing for Lent. (Although I did try to catch a glimpse of Yul Brynner in The Ten Commandments on Easter -- does that count?)But I just may change my tune now that I've found what may be the perfect cheese. Why? Because it's made by monks. In France. And if these monks hadn't committed their lives to the cloth, we wouldn't have the pleasure of this perfect, delicious, irresistible cheese.
Here's all you need to know:
1) It's called Abbaye de Belloc and it's made from raw sheep's milk
2) You can buy it at Whole Foods and probably a lot of other stores with decent cheese sections
3) It's perfect with cabernet and some crusty bread
My only prayer for you is that you don't give into temptation and overindulge the first night you bring it home. Because that would be wrong. (And I confess nothing.)
1 comment:
This is some cheese. I was wondering how you managed to avoid describing the monks who made this fabulous stuff as 'men of the cheese cloth' and, as always, admire your restraint. This is some cheese.
Post a Comment