I used to work at an art gallery in the suburbs of Chicago and the owner, Stephen Byer, had five really talented children. (The gallery was in his sprawling house, so his personal life was an integral part of the the workday.) One of his sons was an aspiring actor, and I still remember how proud his parents were when he got a rave review in the Sun-Times for his performance in a play downtown. They were simply glowing, and ordered a huge stack of extra papers to share with friends and family.
Sadly, this particular son, Ben, was later diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease. But what's remarkable is that he's somehow managed to document his quest for treatment in a new documentary called Indestructible. It's playing at a film festival this weekend and I might check it out.
3.09.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, that's really amazing. I feel kind of...lazy. But not too lazy to point out your misspelling of indestructible. I'm nice like that.
Oh, aren't you SO helpful.
Post a Comment