So today I took a day off.

After a relaxing trip to Target (seriously...you'd be amazed at how empty the aisles are on Wednesday morning), followed by a pedicure, I grabbed my bike and headed up to Mountain Lake Park for a little time in the sun.
I call this "Self-Portrait on a Wellness Day":
Biking is a new hobby of mine. I've had a bike for as long as I can remember, but I've never been good about riding regularly. I thought it might be a good way to ease into exercise. So far, my new-found joy for two-wheeling-it has been great -- it's easier on my muscles and joints as I get stronger, and it takes me farther, faster. Plus, I have a new helmet on order that I'm very excited about.
So, anyway...my point is (and I do have one), I highly recommend the Wellness Day. If you haven't taken one lately, hop to it. Life is too short to spend at the office.
2 comments:
Oooh, that sounds (and looks) fabulous. I need to heed your advice!
Hi Kris! You are totally right. And you have no excuse not to enjoy a day or two like that, especially when it's the doctor's orders! And for the record, I think your hair looks really cute that way. :) Hope you're having a good week! - Kelly
Post a Comment