I'm here to tell you, once in a very, very long while, channel surfing can yield surprisingly satisfying results. Pass the cable-access channels, the Leave It to Beaver reruns and the shopping extravaganzas, and you just might find a something worth watching. (Granted, having three public television stations improves your chances.)
My latest find was literally made for me -- the sublime combination of horses and traveling explored on Equitrekking.
I tuned in to just as the host was clopping around the Irish Connemara islands on one of the indigenous (and sweet) Connemara ponies, taking in the history, culture and beauty from one of the best seats in the world. Future episodes include Hawaii and Wine Country. I'm marking my calendar now...and saving my pennies for an equitrek of my own!
2 comments:
I want to Equitrekk! When I was in Ireland it was the off-season for PonyTrekking, which I suspect had everything to do with the extreme cold. I don't think my travel companions would've gone for it anyway, but one day, I tell you, one day...
this loooooks so great. wonder if i get the broadcasts in TL. MOM
Post a Comment