1.17.2008

Winter Reminder

Having lived in California for nearly three years now, I know I'm starting to go soft when it comes to weather. Just today, someone commented to me about the beautifully sunny days we've been enjoying, and my knee-jerk reaction was, "Well, it's a little cold." Good lord. 

Luckily I get regular updates from the upper Midwest about the sub-freezing temps and feet upon feet of snow to remind me that I'm becoming a huge wimp. I also see the occasional stunning photo to remind me that I'm missing out on a different kind of beauty, even if it requires moon boots and earmuffs.


Photo courtesy of Jessica and her new camera. Taken on the road to my parent's house. Otis's brother Jambo featured. 

1 comment:

jess said...

Aaah, yes, winter beauty. Sadly, the beauty is difficult to see when the cold is so painful. Hey, do you know that Animal Collective song, "Winter's Love?" It's so so good. You should check it out. I might just go listen to it now!