There's an exhibit at the de Young Museum that I think is just great. As an art history major, I should probably have some fabulously smart things to say about it, perhaps commenting on the important statement it makes about female objectification, or the juxtaposition between female and male power, or something equally intelligent. But really I was just moved by the images. We've all seen those old, traditional, self-congratulating portraits of men and boys in their finery (for example, that of George Washington, at right) ... and the way the artist breaks down those images by overlaying them with women in fancy, suggestive outfits is just so cool.5.29.2007
DisGuised at the de Young
There's an exhibit at the de Young Museum that I think is just great. As an art history major, I should probably have some fabulously smart things to say about it, perhaps commenting on the important statement it makes about female objectification, or the juxtaposition between female and male power, or something equally intelligent. But really I was just moved by the images. We've all seen those old, traditional, self-congratulating portraits of men and boys in their finery (for example, that of George Washington, at right) ... and the way the artist breaks down those images by overlaying them with women in fancy, suggestive outfits is just so cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment